• A high quality medium weight tearaway, washaway stabilizer
• Provides excellent stabilization for medium to high stitch count designs
• Use on woven fabrics, including towels, when no permanent backing is desired
• Great choice for redwork designs, designs with open areas, and piecing quilt blocks
• Any exposed stabilizer disappears with laundering but remains under stitching to support the design
• 1.7 oz
Product Usage Instructions
Ultra Clean and Tear TearAway Stabilizer
• Cut the Ultra Clean and Tear stabilizer approximately 2” larger than your hoop.
• Spray the Ultra Clean and Tear with temporary spray adhesive. If using multiple layers of stabilizer, adhere all layers together with temporary spray adhesive.
• Center the Ultra Clean and Tear over the design area on the wrong side of the item to be embroidered and gently smooth into place.
• Center the design area of the item to be embroidered over the center of the hoop.
• Secure the item in the hoop without pulling or stretching the fabric.
• Embroider the item.
HINT: A topping such as a sticky washaway should always be used on towels and is recommended for most all embroidery.
• Remove your embroidered item from the hoop.
• Hold the embroidered item with the stabilizer side up.
• Tear the stabilizer carefully away from the embroidery, supporting the embroidery stitches between your thumb and finger to avoid distorting the embroidery or tearing out fragile stitches.
• If multiple layers were used, remove layers one at a time.
• Any remaining exposed stabilizer will disintegrate with laundering, but will remain under the stitches to add support to the design
top of page
bottom of page