AquaMesh WashAway Stabilizer
• An opaque mesh water-soluble stabilizer
• Perfect for creating freestanding lace, freestanding applique structures and patches
• Ideal to use on sheer or lightweight fabrics such as batiste when all traces of stabilizer must be removed
• Resists drying out or absorbing moisture
• 1.2 oz
Product Usage Instructions
LIGHTWEIGHT FABRIC INSTRUCTIONS:
• Cut a piece of AquaMesh approximately 2” larger than your hoop.
• Lightly spray AquaMesh with temporary spray adhesive.
• Place AquaMesh against the wrong side of the fabric, centering over the design area. • Some designs may require 2 pieces.
• Embroider the design.
FREESTANDING DESIGN INSTRUCTIONS:
NOTE: Stand-alone lace designs have been specifically created to be stitched on water-soluble stabilizer alone. Not all lace designs are created to be stand-alone designs. If you are not sure about the design you plan to use, check with the design’s creator. OESD freestanding designs have a reference in the design name including FSL (Freestanding Lace) and FSA (Freestanding Applique).
• Cut two hoop-sized pieces of AquaMesh.
• Hoop all layers as one and stitch the stand-alone design.
• Follow removal instructions to remove excess stabilizer.
• Remove the embroidered item from the hoop.
• Carefully trim away the excess AquaMesh, leave about 1/4" of stabilizer around the design.
• Rinse away any remaining stabilizer under warm running water. If a stiffer lace product is desired, rinse for a shorter time
top of page
bottom of page