Beginner's Overlocking Class
Monday 4 March 2024
9.30am - 2.30pm
$90 tuition and base kit
Gain more confidence when using your overlocker- Applicable for 3 or 4 thread overlockers. We will not be covering cover and chain stitch during this class.
An introduction to gain an understanding of threading / dials / width / length / diff feed / stitches available, rolled hemming and flatlock
Would you please bring the following
- your overlocker, foot control and power cord
- 4 light overlocker threads
- 4 darker overlocker threads
- Any tools or extra parts / accessories / tools you got with your overlocker - especially the screwdriver to change needles
- any spare needles you have
- a notebook and pen.
- your manual
- a list of any questions you may have. I will try and allow time to answer these.
- some people like to label dials on their machine. If you wish to do so please bring these sticky labels or your label machine. As long as this does not disrupt the flow of the class I am happy to have this happen as we learn.
Would you please start your overlocker and make sure all parts are moving and in working order if it has been some time since you've used it. Please do this ASAP so we can address any issues well ahead of class.
If you don't have threads we sell a large selection in store. We also sell a large range of appropriate needles.
This class is held at our Sylvania Store
208 Princes Highway Sylvania NSW 2224
Please read our terms and conditions prior to booking
Please select in store pick up as your freight option to avoid the minimum charge.
Requirements list is available if you want to see them before booking. Please reach out online or in store.
top of page
both the metre and partial metre fields
For fabric this field may say contact the
shop until you enter data into
bottom of page