Tuesday 19 July 2022
9.30am - 3.30pm
Taught by Vicky Greenstein
Learn the basics of quilting with rulers and the ruler foot.
You will learn what rulers are and how to use them with your machine. You will explore your machine settings.
Introduction to rulers, learning how to do straight lines, Curves, Repeated patterns, Simple borders
Specials on this foot apply for those that attend the class.
The ¼” Ruler Foot was specifically designed to use with quilting rulers for ruler work.
Guide quilting templates along the edge of the foot to create straight, curved, or repetitious patterns depending on your ruler or quilting template.
Rulerwork quilting can create unique finishes to your quilting projects.
Using rulerwork rulers and shapes in conjunction with a rulerwork foot, you can achieve the perfect professional looking finish to your quilted projects.
Fee includes tuition for the day. There will be a maximum of 6 students giving each of you maximum teacher time.
Fee also includes the panel. This panel will come pre basted with backing and wool poly wadding so that you are ready to start quilting without the need for time spent basting. Kit value including basting $72.80
In the class, you will need:
- Sewing machine in good working condition, that you can drop the feed dogs on
- Highprofile ruler work foot for your machine, these are machine specific. We do sell a selection in store.
- High profile rulers (we will have some for you to use in class too) We do sell an assortment in store and can order others specific to your needs.
- Large flat work area if possible – many machine companies make specific sewing tables for quilting work
- General sewing supplies
- Quilting gloves, fabric markers
- 2 x ‘Quilt sandwiches’ to practice on, approx. 50x50 cms. These are two layers of homespun spray basted or pinned together with a layer of wadding in the middle.
- Even feed / Walking / AcuFeed foot for ditching your panel
- Thread to match the panel you have selected. We suggest Aurifil 50 wt – we sell a variety of colours in store.
- 2 bobbins wound to match backing or top thread above
Ruler Work Quilting Class - 19 July
So that you are not charged the minimum postage fee please select "In store pick up" as your freight option
We are sure you understand that these policies are to make sure that tutors’ costs and basic overheads are covered. Also, to ensure class positions are fully utilised. We don’t make money on class fees. We seek to cover our costs. We endeavour to provide interesting and varied tutors. Tutors fees are paid commensurate with their level experience and preparation efforts. Tutors are paid a set fee regardless of attendance numbers.
Payment – Monthly / Weekly classes / workshops and specialty classes.
Full payment must be made to guarantee your place. Paid bookings OR unused deposits are NOT transferrable to another class date.
Payment of 100% one class ahead is required at the time of booking the class. This payment is not refundable or transferrable.
For weekly classes, full payment must be made a week before class to guarantee your place.
For monthly classes, full payment must be made a month before class to guarantee your place.
If booking a workshop 100% of the workshop tuition fee must be made a month before class to guarantee your place. A minimum 50% deposit is required at the time of booking, if in advance of the month ahead of class date.
This is required to secure your spot and ensure we can manage attendance numbers. To help ensure classes are filled and run, students are encouraged to register early. Most classes have a minimum number of students required to go ahead.
Your requirements list will be provided upon full class payment and when they are available from the tutor. Where possible we will guide you through these requirements, if requested, prior to booking a class.
No refunds are made for non-attendance. You are, however, welcome to transfer your place to a friend or a waitlisted person (if possible) if we are notified in advance. This needs to be in consultation with My Sewing Supplies to ensure that the person you are transferring the class to has the skills required, where applicable.
We understand that plans do sometimes need to change, but please keep in mind that for all classes, fees are NOT REFUNDABLE. The deposit or class fee is only refundable or transferrable if the class is cancelled by My Sewing Supplies.
Because of the long lead time for some classes and the fact that plans may change, you are able to withdraw from a class and receive a store credit if you notify us by email with at least FOUR WEEKS NOTICE.
If your plans change DURING the four weeks before class: Fees are NOT REFUNDABLE but may be transferred to a friend or another attendee. This is your responsibility to organise and we must be notified.
You may also check with the shop if there is a wait list for class. We do occasionally have a wait list which can help but is no guarantee of a replacement.
Policy for non-attendance
If you are unable to attend for any reason, your fee is still due. It holds your place in class and ensures that the tutor’s ongoing teaching fee is covered.
Transferring your class position to another person
If your plans change and you know you will be unable to attend a class that you have paid for, we do allow you to transfer that place to a friend. In this case you will need to arrange your own reimbursement, if necessary, from that friend.
Please advise My Sewing Supplies immediately of any transfers so that all class requirements and information can be passed on to the replacement attendee. This transfer needs to be approved by My Sewing Supplies so that we can ensure the replacement student has the right qualifications to attend the class. This is important to ensure the teacher can manage the skills in the classroom for everyone’s benefit.
Kits - If student cancels
If a kit is supplied as part of the class, the student is still entitled to the kit and instructions once the full class and kit payment is made. In some instances, there is no formal pattern with the kit, as this forms the structure of the class. As such, in this instance no pattern can be supplied.
If you have any questions regarding our class policies, please contact us and ask.
Additional COVID related rules
Under the COVID safe workplace arrangements we need to ask that you comply with the following
- do not come to class if you are unwell
- if you have been asked to quarantine by a Govt Health or medical authority please do so
- you must download the Services NSW App and electronically check in each day you are here. Will you please show us once you have done this.
- the place settings and the chair placements need to be maintained during class and not moved
- please maintain physically distancing
- please be aware when we have other customers in the shop and keep movement to a minimum in these times as we are only allowed a certain number of people in the space at the one time
- it will be up to the teacher whether they ask you to wear a mask during class. Please comply with their request. I will ask Deb her preference and let you know.
- please bring your own mug and wash it up at home
- please bring your own cutting board, rulers, iron, rotary cutter etc. Communal items have been removed from the classroom for safety purposes. You will have a table each so there will be plenty of space for these.
I know this seems like a lot of rules, but a changed world is now in place and we are trying to do the right thing by everyone.