Saturday 10 July 2021
9.30am - 3.30pm
Taught by Vicky Greenstein
Learn the basics of quilting with rulers and the ruler foot.
You will learn what rulers are and how to use them with your machine. You will explore your machine settings.
Introduction to rulers, learning how to do straight lines, Curves, Repeated patterns, Simple borders
Specials on this foot apply for those that attend the class.
The Ruler Foot was specifically designed to use with quilting rulers for ruler work.
Guide quilting templates along the edge of the foot to create straight, curved, or repetitious patterns depending on your ruler or quilting template.
Rulerwork quilting can create unique finishes to your quilting projects.
Using rulerwork rulers and shapes in conjunction with a rulerwork foot, you can achieve the perfect professional looking finish to your quilted projects.
Fee includes tuition for the day. There will be a maximum of 6 students giving each of you maximum teacher time.
Fee also includes a panel. This panel will come pre basted with backing and wool poly wadding so that you are ready to start quilting without the need for time spent basting.
In the class, you will need:
- Sewing machine in good working condition, that you can drop the feed dogs on
- Highprofile ruler work foot for your machine, these are machine specific. We do sell a selection in store.
- High profile rulers (we will have some for you to use in class too) We do sell an assortment in store and can order others specific to your needs.
- Large flat work area if possible – many machine companies make specific sewing tables for quilting work
- General sewing supplies
- Quilting gloves, fabric markers
- 2 x ‘Quilt sandwiches’ to practice on, approx. 50x50 cms. These are two layers of homespun spray basted or pinned together with a layer of wadding in the middle.
- Even feed / Walking / AcuFeed foot for ditching your panel
- Thread to match the panel you have selected. We suggest Aurifil 50 wt – we sell a variety of colours in store.
- 2 bobbins wound to match backing or top thread above
Ruler Work Quilting Class
So that you are not charged the minimum postage fee please select "In store pick up" as your freight option
We are sure you understand that these policies are to make sure that tutors’ costs and basic overheads are covered. Also, to ensure class positions are fully utilised. We don’t make money on class fees. We seek to cover our costs. We endeavour to provide interesting and varied tutors. Tutors fees are paid commensurate with their level experience and preparation efforts. Tutors are paid a set fee regardless of attendance numbers.
Payment – Monthly / Weekly classes / workshops and specialty classes.
Full payment must be made to guarantee your place. Paid bookings OR unused deposits are NOT transferrable to another class date.
Payment of 100% one class ahead is required at the time of booking the class. This payment is not refundable or transferrable.
For weekly classes, full payment must be made a week before class to guarantee your place.
For monthly classes, full payment must be made a month before class to guarantee your place.
If booking a workshop 100% of the workshop tuition fee must be made a month before class to guarantee your place. A minimum 50% deposit is required at the time of booking, if in advance of the month ahead of class date.
This is required to secure your spot and ensure we can manage attendance numbers. To help ensure classes are filled and run, students are encouraged to register early. Most classes have a minimum number of students required to go ahead.
Your requirements list will be provided upon full class payment and when they are available from the tutor. Where possible we will guide you through these requirements, if requested, prior to booking a class.
No refunds are made for non-attendance. You are, however, welcome to transfer your place to a friend or a waitlisted person (if possible) if we are notified in advance. This needs to be in consultation with My Sewing Supplies to ensure that the person you are transferring the class to has the skills required, where applicable.